Frequently Asked Questions about Fabricating Rubber Materials
Q: What is proper minimum belt tension on a conveyor belt?
A: Proper minimum belt tension is the required tension necessary for the belt conveyor (or belt elevator system) to operate properly for its intended application and in its current environment.
- Minimum belt tension is great enough so that the belt conforms to the crown on any crowned pulley.
- Minimum belt tension is great enough so that the belt does not slip in relation to the drive pulley's standard conditions, as well as demands.
Q: What are the top conveyor belt tracking problems?
A: There are eight common conveyor belt tracking problems to be aware of.
- Belt Camber
- Skew (Bow)
- Too low belt tension
- Failure to properly square belt ends
- Poor installation of mechanical fasteners
- Improperly executed belt splice or vulcanization
- Structural defect or maladjustment in the conveyance system
- Material Build-up
Do you have a question or comment for RK Rubber? Contact us and our experts will provide you with an answer.