Q: What is proper minimum belt tension on a conveyor belt?
Proper minimum belt tension is the required tension necessary for the belt conveyor (or belt elevator system) to operate properly for its intended application and in its current environment.
- Minimum belt tension is great enough so that the belt conforms to the crown on any crowned pulley.
- Minimum belt tension is great enough so that the belt does not slip in relation to the drive pulley’s standard conditions, as well as demands.
Q: What are the top conveyor belt tracking problems?
There are eight common conveyor belt tracking problems
to be aware of.
Do you have a question or comment for RK Rubber? Contact us and our experts will provide you with an answer.
- Belt Camber
- Skew (Bow)
- Too low belt tension
- Failure to properly square belt ends
- Poor installation of mechanical fasteners
- Improperly executed belt splice or vulcanization
- Structural defect or maladjustment in the conveyance system
- Material Build-up